Mastery of thoughts is the key to establishing and retaining focus. This is a major stumbling block towards achievement of goals/projects.
The way to decisively master your thoughts could begin with the following:
* AWARENESS is the first step. Being present enables you to observe what’s happening in your mind-space – as it happens.
* Shift from being a participant to being an OBSERVER of your thoughts. This is the next level of ‘dissociation’ you create between you and thoughts; instead of terming them your thoughts where the thoughts are part of you.
* Begin CHOOSING the thoughts you want to hold on to; and let go of/drop thoughts that you do not want to vibrate with. This is when you begin taking charge of your mental make-up and begin re-conditioning yourself.
* You consciously choose only thoughts that are ALIGNED to and contribute towards achievement of your goals/projects and ignore others. This is how to stop yourself from going off at tangents and begin building and strengthening your focus.
* You consciously do this CONSISTENTLY on a day-to-day basis, every single day, without a break – until it becomes a part of your HABITUAL sub-conscious behavior.
Very few people persevere to this level. One reason being, the huge hurry in rushing through the motions and getting to the ‘results’; rather than working meticulously to permanently put into place the internal infrastructure required, that will enable getting this and other results in an increasingly accelerated manner.
All top achievers are masters at using their minds.
People are underachievers because they are using their mind, without knowing how to use their mind.