Take Charge of Your Business
Being a solopreneur is different from being an entrepreneur.
A solopreneur works independently. His/her mind-set is of Doing-it-Yourself and loves the lack of accountability.
An entrepreneur works interdependently. His/her mind-set is of Getting-it-Done through Competent Others. He/she must lead by example by holding him/herself accountable to the Operations and Management Teams – without violating reporting levels.
What differentiates a hope-to-be entrepreneur from a successful entrepreneur is the ability to
• Create an inspiring vision
• Getting a buy-in from stakeholders
• Turning the Vision into Milestones
• Immediate milestone into a Plan
• Breaking down the Plan into Annual, Quarterly and Weekly goals
• Allocating responsibilities to competent professionals (based on demonstrated competence) and
• Monitoring performance through metrics on an Annual / Quarterly / Weekly and Daily basis
• Taking regular feedback and fine-tuning systems, processes, mind-sets, abilities, synergies as required.
You cannot let go of the wheel and pedals expecting the car to self-drive, when in reality it is not a self-driving car. You cannot ask an incompetent person to drive your car with your family in it.
Stop deluding yourself. Take charge of your business – because it is your business. Ensure each level is competent to deliver at the level required to be delivered – and then handover and let-go. Do this person-by-person; level by level.
Even Narayan Murthy took 25 years to become an overnight success.
Committed to your success and greatness!
PassionPreneur Transition Coach and Business Strategist
Personalised Handholding for Turning Passion into Prosperity