What is a 1-to-1?
A 1-to-1 is a structured, methodical interaction that enables one person know the other in his/her context.
In other words, you get to know the
* Origins / Past history
* Pains / Unfulfilled Aspirations
* Achievements / Moments of Pride
* Values / Standards / Future Goals in Life and Business
* Why the person behaves in a particular way in a particular situation
* What inspires him/her
* What gives Emotional Highs / Lows
Similarly, about the business.
Many people do a “professional” 1-to-1 sticking strictly to the business part. This becomes a DRY 1-to-1 and you develop a PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP with each other. And at the end of doing a series of 1-to-1s those involved wonder why they are not getting referrals!
It is worth opening up vulnerabilities to the TRUST-WORTHY PERSONS.
The kind of information shared or not shared enables experienced networkers to instantly know what’s possible and what’s not possible in this particular 1-to-1.
Quantity can never replace QUALITY!